We began live streaming classes online 12 months ago and we are so excited to be opening the studios again from Monday 19th April.
On Friday 5th March SCD completed 44 days in a row of Breakfast Boogie.
We realised that from the end 44th Breakfast Boogie there are 44 days until we can reopen the studios.
So, while we keep streaming classes each week we thought it was time for a fun dance based social media campaign. We want to enjoy the countdown together AND we want to spread the word about the power of dance. So we need you.
On your own or with people you live with please grab your camera / phone and...
1. Create a (max 20 second) landscape orientation film, saying;
2. 'Dancing makes me/us......' and complete the sentence ie 'Dancing makes us feel like we can take on the world and keep positive' THEN
3. 'I love to dance [at/to/in/with...]' - get creative here like showing us how / where you love to dance!
ONCE finished please upload the video using the 'UPLOAD NOW' button on this page.
1. Try and keep well lit so we can see you
2. Limit background noise - unless its music to dance to - as we really want to hear you!
3. Keep the video to 30 seconds maximum length
4. Remember to film in landscape (widescreen / horizontal) mode
We can't wait to see your entry.
Get liking, sharing and commenting on Social Media; Facebook, Instagram and Youtube.
By uploading your video here you are consenting for it to be shared online through the above described channels.
All successful uploads will win a pair of SCD Glowsticks!
Check out this great video
Enjoy SCD's latest film
Existing students will be sent #SCDTV access information via WhatsApp AND through your portal. New students please create an account and 'schedule a trial' or enrol in a class - click here for new or existing accounts.
Enjoy our first SCD film..
SCD is about PARTICIPATION without barriers,
EXPERIMENTATION without fear and
TRANSFORMATION without limits…
We value everyone, regardless.
SCD is stronger because of its diversity. We value participation much more than performance excellence. We genuinely mean it, everyone is welcome.
Timetables and curriculum are very helpful but we are always open to new ideas. Being stretched safely together and smashing barriers means adapting a bit as we go along. We never get stale and always look to learn, build and create together.
We don’t just tinker with a few dance steps, we create a place and a programme focused on bringing individual and social change. When that happens we celebrate with creative shows, parties & awards.
.SCD loves being part of the bigger One Dance UK family. https://www.onedanceuk.org/